Some key features of our HK HT HG buckle restoration and rewebbing service.
“It’s the attention to these finer details that really does set us apart from the rest.”
HK HT HG Buckle Restoration
- All buckle top covers are Satin Chrome as per original and the buckle case is Chromed
- All internal parts are Zinc plated included the two rivets on the rear of the buckle and the thin front adjuster as per original.
We can restore your buckles which may have date codes to match the build of your vehicle.
- Raised buckle seat belts: We have these style buckles prepared and ready to go so the turnaround time is usually a few weeks.
These can purchased outright or we can do a better price for exchange, when you supply your buckles and components.
- Flat buckle seat belts: are done exchange ONLY – found in Sydney and Brisbane built vehicles, these seem to be far scarcer to source
and it can be a couple of months to get them back to you fully restored with the features as you will read below.
HK: What makes them different?
- All HK have – Front and Rear double plate adjusters which are Zinc plated as per original.
- HK – Flat Buckle button has the raised Lion emblem on top of a black background.
HT and HG
- HT and HG Flat Buckle – The Front adjuster backing plate is Chromed and the front Zinc Plated.
The Front and Rear are double plate adjusters which are Zinc Plated.
The release button which has the Lion emblem also has the correct outer edge Zinc Coated.
- HT and HG Raised Buckles – Front adjuster has Plastic adjuster caps, in some cases we can use good originals or supply new black
or if requested we can also supply new plastic painted adjuster caps in the correct colour toRubber Sleeves for the front Lap Sash – Good original sleeves can at times be supplied, it just depends on the colour and availability.
New black sleeves are always available, and we can paint new sleeves in the correct colour if required.
Please note: These must be described as “for Show purposes” as they have NOT been ADR approved.
ADR came in, in 1971 so all HK HT and early HG’s were fitted with seat belts only in the front and without the white ADR tag.
All of our seat belts use ORIGINAL buckles, NOT NEW or REPRO. The Webbing and thread is far superior than was supplied originally.